There are a ton of different curl types out there; you have curls that are tight and petite like the kinky curls, or you have a wind-blown style that looks like a beach wave. But not every curl can be accomplished with one ironing barrel; in fact, you have to have the right barrel to get the right curl. So, here’s a list of curling irons that will produce the best curl for you!
If you want to get that perfect look, but need a little direction, our stylists here at Salon Deauville are here to help! Our talented stylists can give you that perfect wave or curl for that special occasion!
- 2” Barrel Iron: This is the curling iron that ladies use to get a super loose beach wave, or just their tips “waved”. This is a very natural look, especially for those who have long hair. It gives you that just-walked-out-of-the-salon look.
- 1 ½” Barrel Iron: This gives you that red-carpet look that every girl envies. With this curling iron you can achieve those model-like, voluminous curls that catch the eye of every onlooker.
- 1 ¼” Barrel Iron: For those perfect curls, this is the one you want. You can achieve any type of curl (except for small kinky curls) because this one gives you a “natural” curl. You can get beach waves or even a vintage curl.
- 1” Barrel Iron: This iron gives you tighter curls. If you want something more than a beach wave, but less than a kinky curl, than this is the perfect barrel iron for you.
- ¾” Barrel Iron: For maximum curl without the kink, this is the barrel iron for you. This gives you a lot of curl and a lot of volume, giving you a vintage, doll-like look.
- 5/8” Barrel Iron: For curly headed ladies, this one is a must-have. This barrel helps to tame and put back in place any curls that may get a little awry.
- 3/8” Barrel Iron: For kinky curls, this is definitely the curling Iron to get. You can get absolutely gorgeous spiral, kinky curls that you’ve always wanted. Or, if you have naturally kinky curls, this barrel iron helps to correct any wayward hairs.
If you don’t have one of the 7 barrel irons above, don’t worry! You can get other types of curls with other hair styling tools! Here are a few tools and the curls they produce!
- Flat Iron: Yes, believe it or not, you can use a flat iron to achieve a nice wave that’s between a finger wave and a beach wave. It’s great for a more natural look. You can also use the flat iron to get a more natural curl as well. Depending on the way you style it will depend on what type of curl/wave you get.
- Curling Wand: This is probably the greatest invention ever! You can use all different sizes of wands to achieve different sizes of curls. The wand gives you that perfect curl – think porcelain dolls and their silky ringlets.
- 3 Prong Iron: You can use this to get a more “natural” looking crimp, but a lot of stylists use this for creating finger waves. Depending on what type of wave you want will determine how you use this tool.
Here at Salon Deauville, our stylists can help you get the look you want! They can show you how to get those perfect kinky curls or that enviable beach wave. If you want a particular look for a special day, make sure to visit Salon Deauville at https://www.salondeauville.com/appointment to book your next appointment!