Curly hair is absolutely stunning; your locks cascade in beautiful twists, making all of us straight-haired ladies jealous! Taking proper care of your gorgeous locks takes a little more than it does for most, but it’s worth it in the end! From washing tips to styling do’s, here’s a few tips for you to think of the next time you take care of your lustrous locks!
- Shampooing: Ever heard of the saying less is best? This definitely applies to washing your hair. The less you wash it the better. Washing your hair actually damages it, making it more coarse, greasier (believe it or not!) and more damaged. Washing it 3 times a week is a good rule of thumb. Also, only wash it once when you do shampoo – washing it twice in one showering does you no good; you’re just wasting your shampoo.
- Conditioner: Condition only the tips and your scalp minimally, if at all. Also, the longer you leave the conditioner in, the better. This helps to moisturize your hair, making it shinier and healthier.
Styling: Again, less is best when it comes to styling, but of course that’s not always a reasonable rule of thumb. If you have to style it, follow these few simple steps to avoid damage.
- When towel drying your hair, you only want to dab your hair dry, never rub. Rubbing, as you can imagine, will only damage your hair. Not only that, but when you rub your hair dry, it can also cause your luscious locks to turn into a frantic frizz.
- Brushing is for straight-haired ladies. You curly cue’s need to stick to wide tooth combs. Like rubbing your hair dry, getting the tangles and knots out with a brush will result in frizz instead of glorious curls.
- Apply a quality serum or spray. Here at Salon Deauville, we carry an excellent assortment of hair care products. One serum that you could use is Moroccan Oil. This excellent product will not only help to soothe wild curls, but it will also give your hair an envious shine.
- When styling your hair, make sure to use a quality product. For example, KMS Curl Up is a fantastic product to use. Talk about having envious curls!
- If you have to blow your hair dry, make sure to use a diffuser. This helps to minimize the damage. If you can help it, try to air dry your hair; this will minimize the potential for damage even more so.
Caring for Your Curls: Getting a regular trim is important. Not only will your tresses look healthier, but it will feel healthier as well. Not to mention, styling your hair will look better too. Getting a trim every 6-8 weeks is a good rule of thumb to go by.
Here at Salon Deauville, our talented hair stylists will tell you what you need to get the look that you want! Click here to book an appointment