It sounds like an oxymoron in and of itself, curling your hair with a straightener. But believe it or not, it’s actually one of the greatest ways to get the perfect curl! To get the right curl with your straightener, here’s the how to for you!
What You Need:
Luckily, you only need a few key items – one to create and a couple to protect and hold. It’s super important to make sure you use high quality products and tools to ensure that the curls come out right and your hair doesn’t get damaged in the process. Here are a few must haves you should stock in your bathroom:
- Mousse (for volume)
- Heat Protectant
- Flat Iron
- Large clip, small clips
- Flexible, strong hold hairspray
What You Do:
Now that you have all the products and tools you need, here’s what you do in order to get that perfect, enviable curl!
- Make sure your hair is totally dry to ensure that your hair will curl and will keep the curl
- Once your hair is dry, spray all your hair with a heat protectant. The heat protectant, as the name suggests, protects your locks from getting damaged from the high heat of the straightener. This keeps your hair healthy, strong, and radiant.
- Once your hair has been sprayed with the heat protectant, separate your hair into sections; a top section and a bottom section. You want to curl smaller chunks of hair to ensure that the heat gets through to each strand to form the curl.
- If you want to ensure that your hair stays curled, spritz each strand before and after with hairspray. This will keep the curl formed, but just a piece of advice – don’t douse your hair with hairspray. Helmet head is not what you’re going for, so a simple spritz is all you need.
- Once your hair has been successfully (hopefully!) curled with your flat iron, shake out the curls for a more natural look. If you want a dramatic curl, than leave your hair as is and spritz with hairspray. Only run your fingers through your hair, not a brush or a comb as that can take away the curls.
Best Hairstylists in Montreal
Here at Salon Deauville, our hairstylists are here to help teach you just how to do your hair! Not only do we have incredible stylists here, but we also have all the products and tools you need to create an envy-worthy hairstyle! If you want to get your hair styled or take a look at our products, than make sure to visit our salon!
Salon Deauville Hair Salon Montreal
Tel: (514) 735-4432