Now that we’ve gotten a look-see at what makeup products and tools to use, we’re on to the next step of how to contour! It’s not as difficult as it looks, and with a few tips, tricks, and the proper “equipment”, you’ll be surprised at the ease of contouring! By following these few simple steps, you’ll be on your way to contouring like a professional!
Tips, Tricks, and Everything In-Between
You want your makeup to look like Kim Kardashians, right? She’s the queen of contouring, making her look absolutely flawless. So, here are a few tips and tricks for you to follow if you want to copy her look!
- Blank Slate: You’ll want to make sure your face is clean; no makeup, dirt, or excess oil. Clean your face with a good cleanser and then blot dry. Now you can start the makeup process.
- Skin Tone Foundation: Apply your foundation over your face, using your actual skin tone color. Make sure you have decent coverage, but don’t apply too much either. You don’t want to look cakey.
- Light Colored Foundation: After applying your skin-tone colored foundation all over your face, you’ll want to move on to the light foundation. Opt for a hue that’s a couple shades lighter than your skin tone. Apply this foundation to:
- your forehead
- top brow lines
- bridge of your nose
- apples of your cheeks
- cupid’s bow
- center of your chin
- Dark Colored Foundation: Once you’ve contoured with the light foundation, move on to the darker one. Again, go for a dark foundation that’s a few shades deeper. Apply this foundation on your:
- forehead, below your hairline
- left and right side of forehead
- sides of your nose
- hollow of your cheeks
- jawline, on both sides
- Blend: Blend, and then blend some more. This is an important step – you don’t want makeup lines or obvious differences in foundation colors. You want to look as natural as possible.
- Blush: Blush or bronzer (whatever you regularly use) is a must! This gives a completed look. Without blush or bronzer, you’ll just look relatively unfinished and plain.
- Eye Makeup: Finish the look by applying your regular eye makeup – whether it’s just eyeliner and mascara, or eyeliner, mascara, and eye shadow, you will look complete. If you want a sultrier night look, try going for a smokey eye.
Just a few tips for you to remember:
- Make sure you blend well! You don’t want any obvious lines or creases
- Choose the right colors for your skin tone. Not too dark or too light – just a couple shades darker or lighter from your natural skin tone
- Finish the look with blush and eye makeup. Turn it up a notch by going for a sultry nighttime smokey eye.
- Make sure you have the proper tools and the right, quality makeup.
If you have any questions or need help with contouring, you can always have one of our fantastic makeup artists here at Salon Deauville help you! Contouring is the new must-do, and with these tricks and directions, you should be able to easily master contouring! Click here to book an appointment