While living on a college campus, you are exposed to a variety of different fashion tastes almost twenty-four seven. There are definitely some college fashion “staples” that come in handy when rushing to class, but in the same token there are items out there that are just too over worn and predicable in my opinion to be taken seriously in the fashion world.
It’s refreshing going into freshman year of college with an open mind – especially when it comes to style. College is a perfect opportunity to really explore fashion and redefine yourself. Yet, many girls all tend to gravitate towards the same brand boots, jackets, bags, etc. when they have the perfect chance to branch out into less generic styles. There’s no reason to fall into the college cliché fashion trap next semester. We’ve compiled a list of the five most EXHAUSTED trends strutted at a university near you and their more unique alternatives.
- UGG Boots…instead try Dr. Martens.
- North Face Jacket…instead try this American Apparel Parka.
- Victoria’s Secret PINK sweats…instead try Gap Body’s Slub terry pants or American Apparel.
- Burberry Scarf…instead try Need Supply Co.’s Genevieve Does The Twist Scarf.
- Longchamp Bag…instead use a Fjällräven Kånken to lug your book to and from class.
– Kate Bunster
This article is from: