The smoky-eye is perfect for just about any occasion. You can go bold and daring, or soft and natural! With the right makeup and the right tools, you can easily pull off this sultry look.
When going for the smoky-eye, one of the most important things to remember is to use the right tools. For perfect application, here are a few tools and tips on getting that smoky-eye that you’ve always wanted!
- Eye Shadow Brush: Find an eye shadow brush that will help to evenly spread the makeup cleanly over your eyelids.
- Double-Ended Smoky-eye Brush: This brush will help to create the perfect smoky-eye look. Having two different ends will make sure that you apply the makeup correctly and evenly.
- Line Softener: Smoky-eye is all about soft and supple. No harsh lines! With the line softener, this will help to blend in your eye liner and any other bold lines.
- Mascara: Use a black, eye lash enhancing mascara that will really help to enhance the look.
How-To: Doing the smoky-eye is easy. But you want to make sure that you follow the right steps in order to perfect the smoky-eye look.
- Concealer: Apply a creamy concealer to your eyelids to help keep the eye shadow on longer.
- Pressed Powder: Apply the pressed powder after using the concealer. This helps to seal the makeup and keep it looking fresh.
- Eye Liner: Apply eyeliner to the top and bottom lid. If you want a sultrier, blended look, smudge the eyeliner and blend it in to take away from the “perfect” look.
- Eye shadow: Start with a lighter color in the inner part of your eyelid, and then work your way to a darker color. The dark color should go to the edge of your eye.
- BLEND: This is probably one of the most important parts. You want to BLEND all of the colors together, so you don’t have three separate colors on your lids. Blend, blend, blend!
Here at Salon Deauville, we carry some of the highest quality makeups, such as Tigi, to help you get the perfect look that you’ve always wanted! Go sultry, go smoky! Click here to book an appointment