Summer is literally right around the corner, and with summer comes tan skin, gorgeous hair, and toned bodies. Well, since winter has definitely prevented anyone from getting naturally sun kissed tans, what are the other options?
Well, you have tanning lotion (orange fingers, anyone?) tanning beds, and last but not least, spray tans. Admit it, we’ve all tried tanning lotion, and some have even tried (and love) tanning beds, but what about spray tans? Let’s take a further look into the ins and outs of spray tans and see for yourself if it’s worth it or not!
The Pros of the Spray:
There are definitely some great pros to spray tans; for example, no sun burn and, if done correctly, no orange fingers and ankles! Here are some pros for you to consider when thinking about spray tans:
- Safety First: What are one of the biggest risks to sun, sand, and tans? Skin cancer. Many people now are facing the detrimental side effects of too much sun. With spray tans, you can get the gorgeous sun kissed look without the life-altering side effects. It’s a win-win right there.
- Right Here, Right Now: There’s absolutely no waiting with a spray tan. With sun tanning, you have to sit there for hours and days, and then (for most of us) you have to wait for a little burn to turn to a tan. Not with a spray tan. It takes as long as the application and bam! you have a gorgeous tan.
- Just Right: The best part about a spray tan is you don’t have to worry about looking like you didn’t tan for 3 days, and you don’t have to worry about looking like an over-baked ginger cookie. You’ll get the perfect color with a spray tan.
- Even Steven: The best part about a spray tan is you don’t have to worry about uneven tanning, lines, or embarrassing oopsies.
The Cons of the Spray:
With every good thing there’s a bad side. So, here are a few negatives to such a great tanning option:
- Temporary Tan: Unlike a natural tan, spray tans only lasts a couple days – and that’s if you don’t scrub in the shower. So if you’re looking for a long term solution to your Snow White skin, this probably isn’t the greatest option for you.
- Harmful Ingredients: Unfortunately, spray tanning has harmful chemicals, which, according to new research, can actually increase your risk for cancer. Also, when you get spray tanned, you unavoidably inhale, taking in some of the harmful chemicals. This can cause a few other medical issues as well.
- Not to Be Used Regularly: If you want a tan year-round, than spray tanning is not the option for you, because of the health risks mentioned above.
Salon Deauville Hair Salon Montreal
4048 Jean Talon Ouest,
Montréal, Québec H4P 1V5
Tel: (514) 735-4432